Principal Data Scientist
|Principal Data Scientist|
Scope of duties
In Cyclad we work with top international IT companies in order to boost their potential in delivering outstanding, cutting edge technologies that shape the world of the future. Our client is the world’s largest data center & colocation provider; it has over 200 global data centers in 53 locations. We’re currently seeking for a creative Data Scientist with a strong background in Statistical Modeling and Data Science. In this position, you will play a pivotal role in deriving key insights and recommendations from the petabyte scale Data Center Infrastructure Monitoring (DCIM) IoT platform.
- Industry: Data Center
- Location: Warsaw, pl. Europejski
- Business trips: occasionally
- Remote work: 20%
- Project language: English
- Contract length: indefinite
- Start date: depending on candidate’s experience
- Work with Global Product and Operations stakeholders, across geolocations, to curate model scenarios and identify objectives for machine learning use cases on Data Center Infrastructure Monitoring (DCIM) platform
- Lead AI/ML initiatives from discovery, exploration, design, development to operationalizing in production
- Lead data exploration, data cleansing, ingestion, data wrangling and feature engineering
- Examine, experiment and leverage massive IoT data to develop solution for machine learning use cases
- Develop supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms and models
- Work with Machine Learning Engineer to develop and operationalize machine learning models at scale
- Partner with Global Operations Engineering team to measure and optimize model performance pre-production and post-production
- Engage and communicate model results & insights with stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Provide thought leadership in data center mechanical cooling systems domain with focus on energy optimization with respect to machine learning use cases.
- Explore new technology shifts, evaluate and recommend best practices related to AI and machine learning.
- Mentor data scientists and machine learning engineers to align effectively to meet business objectives.
- PhD with 7+ years of experience or Masters with 10+ years of experience in Computer Science, Data Science, or related fields.
- Knowledge of data center mechanical cooling systems domain with focus on energy optimization.
- 5+ years of applied machine learning experience in supervised and unsupervised learning with high dimensionality data leveraging algorithms such as multiple linear regression, logistics regression, deep neural network, k mean clustering, k nearest neighbor etc.
- 5+ years of experience in implementing the right machine learning algorithm for the use case, as well as at evaluating, improving and optimizing algorithm's performance.
- 5+ years of experience in dimensionality reduction techniques such as Principal Component Analysis
- 2+ years of experience in developing machine learning solutions for time series IoT data
- 2+ years of experience in developing predictive modeling and anomaly detection system
- 5+ years of experience in programming languages such as Python or R and SQL
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning libraries and frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit Learn. Spark, etc.
- Strong mathematical background in linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Fluent English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of data center domain
- Knowledge of large scale data processing frameworks e.g. Map Reduce and Streaming
- Knowledge of Big Data/Machine Learning services on cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Knowledge of Recommender Systems and Reinforcement Learning techniques
- Full-time job agreement
- Competitive salary and benefits (including VIP medical coverage)
- Pre-paid lunch cards
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- International business travels for trainings
- Training package to further master your hard as well as soft skills
- Office in Warsaw city centre