Lead Software Engineer Java
|Lead Software Engineer Java|
Scope of duties
In this recruitment process our Partner is an American global company, that develops a platform for customers to build their digital edge, leveraging innovative services and ecosystems of people, clouds and data. On this position you will be a part for a Product Development Center – a Team of Talents located in Poland, Singapore and United States.
- Industry: Internet
- Type of project: Designing and development and delivering solutions for business clients
- Location: Warsaw – Plac Europejski (Rondo Daszyńskiego)
- Remote work: 2 days per week or more
- Project language: English
- Project length: indefinite
- Assignment start date: ASAP
- Remuneration: 20 000 PLN gross (employment contract) – B2B also possible
- You will be involved in the software development life cycle phases with a focus on delivering solutions that meet business objectives and engineering standards.
- Understands, reads, and reviews requirements. Works with product management and other members of engineering team to understand business requirements.
- Provides level of effort (LOE) and works with project managers to define schedule.
- Assists with the definition, critical analysis and documentation of architectures.
- Participates in architectural reviews.
- Hands-on design and development of highly available, scalable, multi-threaded, globally distributed java application.
- Accountable for developing Unit test cases, Functional test cases, and Performance test cases.
- Participates in design review & code review process.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and fixing production issues with quick turnaround time.
- Work in a Globally Distributed Development team environment with minimal supervision.
- Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates new technologies.
- Provides status reports and release management progress updates.
- BS in computer science or equivalent with 6+ years or MS in computer science or equivalent with 4+ years or PhD in computer science or equivalent with 2+ year of hands on professional software development experience architecting, building, deploying, and maintaining customer facing applications at scale in an innovative engineering environment.
- Strong computer programming foundation with knowledge in Data Structures, Concurrency, Algorithms , Design Patterns and Best Practices.
- Strong Java (Server Side) development experience with expertise in Java based frameworks like Spring and Play.
- Python programming skill set is desired but not mandatory.
- Expertise in data modeling in relational domain using RDBMS (Oracle) and NoSQL domain using Cassandra
- Experience in event driven and stream processing technologies like Kafka, Strom.
- Experience in Apache Spark is desired but not mandatory.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform technologies such as Google Cloud Storage, Google Big Query, Google Data Flow is desired but not mandatory.
- Should have good knowledge of Agile/Scrum, continuous integration and deployment.
- Team player with good communication, organization, time management and presentation skills.
- Critical thinker and possess problem-solving skills
- Full-time job agreement
- Competitive salary and benefits (including VIP medical coverage)
- Pre-paid lunch cards
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- International business travels for trainings
- Training package to further master your hard as well as soft skills
- Office in Warsaw city center